Occupational therapy (OT) provides practical support to empower people, to overcome barriers preventing them from participating in activities (or occupations) that matter to them. OT support can increase a person’s independence and satisfaction in all areas of life. Occupational therapists work with adults and children of all ages with a wide range of conditions. An occupational therapist will consider all of the person’s needs – physical, psychological, social, emotional and environmental, supporting them to find/regain a sense of purpose, and help clients think differently about their future.
Occupational therapy enables people to participate in their daily lives, engaging in occupations that improve health and wellbeing.
Specialist Occupational Therapy:
Our Occupational Therapist has the expertise to work with adults and children of all ages, offering assessment and treatment and working collaboratively towards a goal with our clients. We work with anyone who has/has had an illness, injury, infection, or has a health condition that affects their ability to participate in the day to day occupations, that a person needs or wants to do such as:
- Self-care e.g.(washing, dressing, teeth clean, cooking)
- Productivity – Adults: (remain in work, voluntary work, caring for others) Children: (within a school setting: engaging in handwriting, concentrating, attending, scissor skills, PE)
- Leisure – Adults: (cycling, crafts, running, gardening, playing an instrument, reading, eating out with friends) Children: (gymnastics, gaming, football, dance)
Our OT Service offers assessments and treatment, for a range of conditions including:
- Persistent pain
- Chronic fatigue
- Musculoskeletal Assessment & Treatment e.g. Hypermobility
- Neuromuscular Disorders e.g. Muscular dystrophy
- Neurological Disorders e.g. Cerebral palsy, Acquired brain injuries, Erbs palsy
- Congenital Disorders e.g. Spina bifida, Limb deficiencies
- Adolescent back pain e.g. Scoliosis, Poor posture, Scheuermann’s, Low back pain
- Coordination difficulties e.g. DCD, Dyspraxia
- Postural management
- Paediatric chronic pain
We work with private clients, NHS clients, parents, teachers, work employers, solicitors and many others, offering a written report and therapy plan.
Where required our occupational therapist and physiotherapist will jointly assess and offer treatment to our clients.
First initial assessment lasts approximately one hour, this will involve taking a detailed history of our clients current problem and past medical history. Subsequent sessions last approximately 30-60 minutes. Please contact us for further details or to discuss your needs.